Dental Implants at Klein Family Dental
Dental implants are a wonderful treatment option for many patients who need to replace one or more missing teeth. Implants are a relatively new treatment in dentistry, first introduced in the 1970's. There have been many advancements in the science behind implants. Today the success rate is hard to ignore.
Advantages of Dental Implant Restoration for a Single Missing Tooth:
- No need to disrupt or treat the teeth that are adjacent to the space!
- High success rate.
- Functions very much like a natural tooth
Disadvantages of Dental Implant Restoration for a Single Missing Tooth:
- Usually this is the most expensive treatment option
- You must be patient...this is a several month process...although temporaries are always available to get you through.
- When there are complications, they are not as easy to address. (Removal of the implant, sometimes bone grafting, and implant replacement just as an example)
Implants are used in dentistry for many situations that extend past the single tooth restoration. For example, two implants can be placed and a bridge can be fabricate to replace multiple missing teeth.
Implants can also be placed to retain either an over denture, or a hybrid denture.
We just love this infographic that we found on Pintrist! We think it is a great pictorial representation of some of the facts about dental implants.
Please call our office today to set up a free consultation to see if dental implants may be a good option for you!! 281-531-9258
Drs. Aric and Amy Klein
See what the American Dental Association has to say about Dental Implants here.